We have a number of services and clinics available at our practice with some requiring no appointment. In order to attend an appointment only clinic or surgery, please ring the reception or follow any details provided with the clinic information.
List of Services and Clinics
We now have Long Term Condition Clinics, where you will be recalled annually in the month of your birthday if you have any of the following chronic diseases:
- CHD (Coronary Heart Disease, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Atrial Fibrillation, Heart Failure and Stroke)
- Respiratory (COPD and Asthma)
- Learning Disability Annual Health Checks
- Mental Health
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Kidney Disease
You can make an appointment for the following:
- NHS Health Check (patients eligible for this aged 40 – 74 years of age with no chronic disease)
- Contraceptive Clinic (Nurse Led Clinic) as well as GPs
- Minor Illness Clinic (Nurse Led Clinic – patients aged 18 and over only) Please see attached list of conditions which apply to this clinic.
- Minor Surgery Clinics – GPs will need to assess whether this is appropriate to be performed here at the practice, or whether you will require a referral to another service
- Insertion/Removal of Subcutaneous Contraceptive Implants – GPs
- Smoking Cessation Clinic (patients aged 12 and over) – Led by the Health Care Assistants
- Travel Vaccinations please follow this link for a breakdown of the vaccinations we offer and the charges for them, in our specific travel immunisation clinics. Vaccination Fees
If you require physiotherapy, you are able to self-refer for this. Please contact the Local Physiotherapy Service C0nnect Physical Health on 0191 4813902 to arrange this. The website address for this new Physiotherapy provide is www.connecthealth.co.uk/contactus
They offer this service at multiple centres:
The Glen – Glen Street, Hebburn
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Thursday 8.30 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Cleadon Park – King George Road, South Shields
Monday and Tuesday 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. lunchtime
Flagg Court – Dale Street, South Shields
Monday and Tuesday 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Wednesday 9.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
For more information about this, please Click Here to download the leaflet.