Our Patient Participation Group
Wawn Street Surgery is keen to establish a Patient Participation Group (PPG) within the Practice and is looking for patients registered at the Practice who have time and an interest in the provision of NHS services to help develop an effective patient participation group.
The overall aim of our group (PPG) will be to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our key roles are:-
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way the facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the Practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or wider community information about the practice.
- Liaise with the South of Tyne and Wear Commissioning Group of practices to share and develop best practice and/or resources.
What Else Does the PPG Do?
- Help with patient clinics from time to time. An example of this is, once a year during the autumn when patient groups are given Flu Vaccinations.*
- Help distribute Patient Survey forms to patients in the surgery. (once a year).*
- Help with organising Patient Health Evenings.*
- Occasionally attend National PPG Seminars.*
- Maybe assist in producing the Wawn Street Surgery Newsletter.*
*All the above are not obligatory but even the smallest input is of great value.
Patient Participation Group Membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG although, in the interests of effective decision making, membership of the core is limited to twelve. Our group meets regularly approximately every 8 weeks.
A key objective would be to involve patients from a cross section of the practice population and to establish patient reference groups. How the group communicates with a wide cross section of the practice population is a key issue.
If you are interested in joining the group or would like more information please contact the surgery to speak with our Practice Manager Mrs Debbie Hamilton, alternatively fill in a contact sheet, contact form and hand it in at Reception for Debbie’s attention. We have a dedicated notice board for the PPG in the reception waiting area.
The next PPG meeting will be held here at the practice on Thursday 3rd January 2019 at 6pm
PPG Minutes 2018
- PPG Minutes 6th September 2018
PPG Minutes 12th July 2018
PPG Minutes 1st May 2018
PPG Minutes 6th March 2018
PPG Minutes 11th January 2018
PPG Minutes 2017
- 2nd November 2017
- There are no minutes from the PPG informal meeting held on 29.6.17
- 10th January 2017
- 2nd March 2017
PPG Minutes 2016
PPG Minutes 2015
PPG Minutes 2014
PPG Minutes 2013
PPG Minutes 2012
- PPG 24th January 2012
- 20th March 2012
- 22nd May 2012
- 24th July 2012
- 25th September 2012
- 27th November 2012
- Action plan from GP survey results – Action plan 2015
- Action Plan Derived from PPG – Action Plan 2012
Practice report 2013
The PPG local practice GP Survey results