HOW TO GET HEALTHCARE ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE WHEN THE PRACTICE IS CLOSED:
Out-of-hours services are available when the practice is closed, during the hours of:
Monday 6.30 p.m. surgery closed and reopens 8.00 a.m. Tuesday morning
Tuesday 7.30 p.m. surgery closed and reopens 8.00 a.m. Wednesday morning
Wednesday 6.30 p.m. surgery closed and reopens 8.00 a.m. Thursday morning
Thursday 7.30 p.m. surgery closed and reopens 8.00 a.m. Friday morning
Friday 6.30 p.m. surgery closed and reopens 8.00 a.m. Monday morning as the surgery is closed all day Saturday and Sunday
When the practice is closed, the telephone answering machine will relay this information to patients.
What to do when the GP practice is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but its not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
You should call 111 when:
- You think you need to go to A/E or to another NHS urgent care service
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
During normal practice opening hours, the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.
For more information about NHS 111, go to NHS Choices at www.nhs.uk
What’s open this festive season?
Find out which local pharmacies and GP practices are open over the Christmas and New Year.