From September 2015 the practice will be providing this new service to patients. The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
What does this mean for you?
- If you colect your repeat prescriptions from your GP yo will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will betime for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
Is this service right fort you?
Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- Don’t want to go to your GP practice every time to collect your repeat prescription.
- Collect your medicines from the same place most of the time or use a prescription collection service now.
It may not be if you:
- Don’t get prescriptions very ofter
- Pick up your medicines from different place
For more information visit www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients, your pharmacy or GP practice.